Empowered To Connect (ETC) Parent Training
Hello Foster/Adopt Parents,
We (Homes of Hope & Jay & Angie) are excited to invite you to the Empowered To Connect (ETC) Parent Training class starting Sunday, October 9th. ETC is designed specifically for foster and adoptive parents like you. This training is designed to equip parents with a holistic understanding of the needs and development of foster and adopted children, and empower you with tools to meet those needs, build trust and help your children heal and grow.
The eight week course (18 hours-approved in Id & Wa for foster care renewal hours) meets Sunday afternoons, from 3:00-5:00 at First Church of the Nazarene (1700 8th Street-Lewiston). Click here for a complete description of the ETC Parent Training and the Resource list of materials used in the class that Homes of Hope loans to participants.
Requirements to Participate
- Married couples need to attend the training together.
- Singles are encouraged to bring a support person to attend with them (i.e., another foster parent, relative, friend, etc.).
- All participants commit to attend the entire training. We understand that occasionally unforeseen circumstances will require a parent to miss a class, but we ask that you make every possible effort to attend all of the classes as the material is designed to build on itself and therefore an understanding of all the material is critically important. If you would like to attend but you have special circumstances limiting your attendance email us and we may be able to make accommodations.
- Weekly reading and activities you will be required to complete if you are wanting the 9+ extra hours listed on your training certificate above the 18 hours of class training.
We are fully aware that these requirements make the ETC Parent Training a very significant commitment on your part. However, we believe that the commitment and investment you make will be completely worth it in the end.
Homes of Hope has purchased the materials to borrow at no cost to you. At the end of the training, materials must be returned to Homes of Hope.
Childcare is available and provided by Homes of Hope FREE of charge with advanced registration.
The ETC Parent Training class is limited to 10 families to ensure that the class does not become too large and inhibit the designed participation and interaction.
If you want to participate in the training, please email us by SEPTEMBER 26th with the following information:
- Name of Parents and/or Support Person that will be attending the training
- List child(ren) and age who need free onsite childcare
We are looking forward to the ETC Parent Training. Due to the limited enrollment please send in your information as soon as possible. We will confirm your registration and send you a questionnaire to fill out.
Jay and Angie Derting